Information About Jodhpur Tourism – Rajasthan
Snuggled within the depth of great Thar Desert, Jodhpur is another tourist magnet in Rajasthan. Amongst the ample of tourist attractions in Jodhpur, a couple of interesting places are like Jaswant Thada and Mehrangarh. Visitors come here to discover the modern city with medieval charm. The majestic city gives you an opportunity to explore its rich heritage and culture. During the period of sixteenth century the city was the capital of Rajput Rathors, depicts a many aspects of splendor and whispers to you stories of its brave erstwhile rulers. Decorated with multi-color epithets such as Sun City, Blue city and gateway to the Thar Desert – the city has been tourist’s haunts for many decades.
Until 1100 Jodhpur was ruled by King Bargujar being the part of Gurjara – Pritchard Empire. Later in the year 1459, the foundation of the city led by the chief of the Rajput belonging to Rahore family. Rao Jodha was successful in conquering the bounded province and named it as Marwar.
Some Interesting Facts about Jodhpur City:
- Founded: In 1459 by Rao Jodha – Chief of the Rathore family
- Famous as: Sun city of India, Gateway of Thar Desert and Blue City of India
- Location: Situated in Western Rajasthan, India
- Distance: Jaipur (325 Km), Delhi (589 Km), Mumbai (975 km)
- Area: 75.5 square Km
- Climate: Summer 24-45 degree Celsius, 05-20 degree Celsius; scanty rainfall in Jodhpur conforms the typical desert climate
- Language spoken: Hindi, Marwari and English
- Population: 12, 20,000
- Top attractions: Mehrangarh Fort, Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jaswant Thada, Mandore, Sardar Market, Museum, Kalyan Lake etc.
Shopping Places in Jodhpur:
- The city Bazaars of Jodhpur offer an ample of souvenirs comprising white metal curios, silverware, Jutis, wooden toys, paintings, embroidered clothes, tie & dye fabric, salawas rugs and Jodhpur breeches.
- Mocha Bazaar: Travelers visit this famous market place to buy Jodhpur Jutti. Special footwear market of Jodhpur is sprinkled with wide range of different footwear patterns, color, work and embroidery. Apart from these you can buy jewelry and world famous Lac bangles.
- Sojati Gate: This market is known for Rajasthani Traditional apparel, handicrafts, jewellery and fabrics materials.
- Nai Sarak: If you are at Nai Sarak do not forget to buy traditional bandhej from Nai Sarak. You can also purchase Saris, Suite, Pleces, Jodhpuri coats and turbans with intricate patterns.
Jodhpur offers number of multi-cuisine restaurant and eating places. There are so many delctable things to eat in the city. It includes Makhaniya Lassi, Mawa Kachori, Pyaaz Kachori, Mirchibada (A preparation made with potato, onion, chili and gram flour), Panchkuta, Lal Maans and many more to list.
Best time to Visit Jodhpur
The ideal time to visit Jodhpur is between months of October and March.